Tuesday, December 18, 2012

...

I have realized that me finding out I have breast cancer not only affects me, but it affects every single person I know. When one person gets cancer, the whole family gets cancer. I thank the Lord daily for my family, friends and church who are standing by me, reminding me daily they are interceding on my behalf. My sister, Becky, created a website for people to support us financially if they feel led and I am humbled by the response of support that has poured in within the last few days.

Hearing the diagnosis of breast cancer may have blindsided me but it didn't take God by surprise. He saw it coming, and He promises to be my shelter and strength. Bottom line.
My hope is in the Lord.

Isaiah 40:31 Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

So... for those inquiring minds here are the details thus far...
-Monday I had a biopsy of my lymph nodes to make sure the cancer hasn't spread. We will get those results back this week. I also had to take a blood test to see if the BRCA gene is in my body. If that gene is found than all that means is the chances of me getting ovarian cancer or for my breast cancer to return is pretty high. I'm not worried about all of that... I'm putting my trust in the Lord.
-Thursday and Friday I have a few CT scans, MRI and a full body bone scan. No biggie... I got this. :)

I truly appreciate the support from every friend, co-worker, family member and people who I haven't had the pleasure of meeting.
All the doctors and nurses that I have encountered have been exceptionally sensitive and loving toward me. All I can say is that God is blessing us and comforting us as we call out to Him.








No comments:

Post a Comment